Types of Housing
Advocacy Centre for the Elderly
Retirement Homes and Long-Term Care Facilities: What You Should Know About The
Advocacy Centre for the Elderly.
List if you are Shopping for a Retirement Home
A. Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (CERA)
Human Rights in Housing in Canada: An Advocate's Guide. 2007.
- Description: This guide provides housing workers, social service
providers, and community advocates with tools to help them effectively
challenge discrimination in housing. Produced by CERA.
Ontario's Human Rights Code 2005
- Description: An overview of the Ontario Human Rights Code as it relates to
housing. Explains what discrimination is and explains it in the
context of housing Ontario's Human Rights Code. Produced by CERA.
CERA submission to Ontario
Human Rights Commission on Human Rights and Housing
- Description: Describes discrimination in housing in the context of
international law, broad systemic issues.
Canadian Housing Equality Resources.
- Description: A national web site developed to provide community advocates
with tools to effectively challenge discrimination in housing. Produced
The Right to Adequate Housing. 2006.
- Description: This booklet explains how to stand up for the right to
adequate housing under Canadian and international law. Produced by Centre for
Equality Rights in Accommodation
Ontario's Human Rights Code, Disability and the Duty to Accommodate. 2003.
- Description: This guide describes human rights law as it pertains to
disability, housing, and the duty to accommodate. Produced by CERA.
B. Ontario Human Rights Commission
- Description: This section on the Ontario Human Rights Commission (OHRC)
web site describes "family status" (being in a parent and child relationship)
a which includes adults caring for aging parents or relatives with
disabilities. It describes the duty to accommodate and explains how the
Ontario Human Rights Code protects specific family relationships from
discrimination in the areas of employment, housing, and services. Produced by
Age Discrimination and Housing
- Description: A fact sheet on age discrimination and housing.